Private class by Adama Daou
A 16-blade xylophone, the pentatonic balafon is an emblematic instrument of Malian and Burkinabe cultures. At the Center des musicians du monde, this instrument is taught by Adama Daou, an accomplished musician, teacher and great improviser. Students will be introduced to traditional repertoires and the art of improvising based on notions studied in class.
Class Content & Objectives
- Oral learning and musical ear development
- Basic repertoire of the instrument
- Basic & Advanced Balafon Techniques
- Coordination with both hands
- Improvisational notions
- General understanding of Malian & Burkinabese cultures
- Session 1: Mondays from September 12 to October 22, 2022, 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. ***no class on October 10***
- Session 2: Mondays from October 31 to December 12, 2022, 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Session: $114 (6 classes)
*Instrument rental: upon availability. Contact us for price and reservation.
60 minute class
- 5 lessons course: 225 $
- 10 lessons course: 450 $
*Instrument rental: $40/month