Individual classes by Reza Abaee
The gheychak is an old fiddle from Iran which can also be encountered in Central Asia, Afghanistan, India and the Balkans. This four-string instrument comprises a open sound box at the top and a skin-covered sound board in its lower part, which produces its characteristic tone. In his teaching , Reza Abaee draws from both of his experience as a professional musician and an educator in Iran.
Content and Objectives of the class
- Vertical control of the fiddle
- Specific handling, direction and control of the bow
- Learning of simple traditional melodies
- Introduction to ornements, micro-intervals and Persian musical repertoire
- Improvisation from Iranian musical structures (advanced level)
Where to find the instrument
Please contact the Centre des musiciens du monde.
- Session of 10 classes: $450