Individual classes by Zal Sissokho
A 21-string African harp, the kora is the predominant instrument for West-African bards known as Griots. Zal Sissokho, a bearer of the Mandinka culture and a great improviser, will be teaching the instrument at the Centre des musiciens du monde. Students will be introduced to traditional repertoires and the art of improvisation.
Class Content and Objectives
- Oral learning and development of musical ear
- Basic and advanced kora playing techniques
- Basic repertoire of the instrument
- Notions of improvisation
- General understanding of Mandinka musical culture
Where to find the instrument?
Borrowing from the Centre available.
- Session of 10 classes : $470
Registration and Information
For more details or to register, please contact us at 514-397-9226 or fill out the Registration Form below and return it to us by e-mail to: email@example.com