Group class by Olivier Bussières
The riqq is a thousand-year-old instrument that is widespread throughout the Middle East and is part of the frame drum family. In its traditional form, we find it with fish skin and a wooden frame, but at the end of the 20th century, the instrument had grown in popularity throughout the world and we find today many modern versions of the instrument that allows a diversified game. The riqq is both an accompanying instrument, as well as a solo instrument that can demonstrate great versatility and virtuosity.
Class Content & Objectives
- Become familiar with the outfit and the different techniques
- Develop a diversified vocabulary of the instrument
- Basic and advanced rhythmic notions
- Develop a musical ear with rhythmic phrases divided into levels
- Approach improvisation through the sequence of musical ideas
- Session 1: Mondays from September 12 to October 22, 2022, 7:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. ***no class on October 10***
- Session 2: Mondays from October 31 to December 12, 2022, 7:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Session: $114 (6 classes)
*Instrument rental: upon availability. Contact us for price and reservation.