Musical School Workshops
The school workshops offered by the Centre des musiciens du monde are an invitation to experience a traditional musical culture under the guidance of a specialized mediator from that culture.
Each workshop strengthens children’s musical, social, and cognitive skills in a friendly environment designed to develop listening skills, tolerance, and respect for others.
The workshops include a moment of listening and interaction with the mediator, followed by a group musical practice (musical instruments, singing, dancing, etc.)
Here are the themes currently available at the Centre des musiciens du monde:
- Discovering the balafon (Mali and Guinea-Conakry)
- Rhythms and dances of West Africa (Senegal)
- Creole worlds (Reunion Island, Haiti …)
- Music, dance, and singing in Cameroon and among the Pygmies
- The enchanting bird, musical tale (Iran)
- Jarocho Sound: an experience at the heart of Mexican traditions
- Exploring flamenco through song and dance
- The rhythms of the carnival of Rio (Brazil)
- Dances of Quebec: discover the social networks
Conditions and prices
Note that a minimum of 15 to 20 students is required depending on the chosen workshop offered at the Centre or at your school.
Do you have ideas for projects for your school in partnership with the Centre des musiciens du monde?
Contact us : 514-397-9226 / email@example.com